Protecting your privacy
We are always committed to protect your privacy. Below is information that we are required to communicate with our customers. We do recommend that you keep the following information for future reference.
We offer variety of telecommunication services, directly or indirectly through one of our agents or telemarketing agents.
Your personal information
Any personal information stored or held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, house telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, second email address, occupation, driver’s licence number, your login information such as username and passwords. In the case of you being unable to provide us some further information such as your date of birth, we have the right not to provide with the service required by you. Sometimes you may need to provide some personal information about other individuals to us such as an authorised member to act on your behalf at any time if required and once they confirm security levels. If this is the case then it’s your duty to inform the authorised member that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
Collecting Personal Information
There are lots of ways we collect personal information:
- When you call our call centre and provide your information when signing up over the phone, signing up online and submitting your request via our website www.planetozi.com.au;
- Third parties such as our resellers, agents, telemarketing companies;
- Publicly available sources of information;
- Organisations identified under;
- When we disclose your personal information;
- Our own records of how you use your Planet Ozi Pty-Ltd services;
- When you visit our websites;
- When legally required to do so
Using your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- confirmation of the actual service;
- assisting you when its needed to communicate with you;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage your accounts, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, emails). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you.
Disclosing your personal information
When we deliver your service, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Planet Ozi. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
The following organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- Billing deparment;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- Faults department
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may consider disclosing your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers;
- our agencies;
- our related suppliers;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and wholesalers in order for the service to be activated.
Holding accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
Please check these documents from time to time
These documents are subject to change from time to time, please ensure that you have the latest copy of the relevant documentation. If you have any queries regarding these documents please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.