Provision of Service
Planet Ozi Email and Email forwarding plans do not provide the customer with Internet access, so the customer will require a separate dialup or broadband service in order to access their Planet Ozi email or email forwarding service.
Planet Ozi email and email forwarding services are only activated on receipt of the subscription fee.
- Minimum subscription period: 3 months, paid in advance. This quarterly subscription fee is non-refundable.
- Subscription fee: As specified for the customer’s particular plan on the Planet Ozi website at the time they register or renew the plan.
- Renewal: Automatically each quarter or selected billing cycle.
- A Planet Ozi email plan or email forwarding plan will only be activated once the quarterly subscription fee has been received by Planet Ozi.
Automatic debit is the only form of accepted payments for this service type. Accepted credit cards: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Alternatively direct debit payments can be organised from your nominated bank account.
Email Only Plan
- A Planet Ozi Email Only plan provides the Customer with one email account for the duration of the paid billing cycle.
- The email accounts provided for free with many Planet Ozi Internet dialup and ADSL plans are POP3 email accounts.
- The email address may have forwarding activated and setup from webmail. this allows emails sent to a nominated Planet Ozi email account, or any attached email aliases to be forwarded to one outside email address nominated by the customer for the duration of the paid billing cycle. The email forwarding service does not provide the Customer with any other email facilities, storage or Internet access.
Cancelling an Email Service
- The customer can request to cancel their email or email forwarding service any time by providing Planet Ozi with written notice.
- The Customer will not be refunded for part of a billing cycle if the service is cancelled before the end of a billing cycle.
- Virus filtering is performed on all email passing in or out of the Planet Ozi email servers, and will not be disabled on individual accounts. Email messages detected with a virus are quarantined immediately. The infected part of the message is removed and the remainder section of the email is passed through to the customers email address.
- Planet Ozi customers who regularly send virus emails, or have virus infected emails sent from their network, will be notified by us. Failure to fix the virus infected computer will result in a temporary block of all email services for that customer or network.
- SPAM or Junk email filtering is performed on a per email account basis. The account holder is able to select the appropriate filtration level, or disable this service. Most email detected and prevented from delivery can be viewed via the webmail system, however emails that are deemed with a high spam rating are sent back to the sender with the details as to what caused the high spam rating.
- Sender address verification is performed on all incoming emails, whitelists for common email addresses and domains can be created from within the webmail system.
- Greylisting is performed on all incoming emails and can be disabled on a customers email address, this setting can be controlled from the webmail system.
Planet Ozi does not guarantee faultless storage of emails, and will not be liable for any damage or loss, including loss of time, resulting from storage faults. Emails are only temporarily stored online for email accounts. Planet Ozi will not be responsible for emails deleted automatically once the specified storage limit is reached. Each customer is entitled to 100MB of mailbox storage, after this limit has been reached mail will not be delivered to the customer's email address.
Planet Ozi email plans offer spam filtering and virus protection facilities. These features are to help the customer protect themselves against unwanted viruses and junk email. Planet Ozi does not guarantee protection against spam or viruses and recommends that customers make use of other available protections such as anti virus software and firewalls.
Planet Ozi recommends that the customer uses email client software (i.e. an email program) which will download and store copies of the customer’s email on their own computer and/or will enable the customer to make hard copies of important emails.